Chocolate chip cookies make a pleasant treat and you don't need any reason to indulge in one. You can make these soft chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer without eggs and without baking soda.
The best part of making chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer is that it takes lesser time and you can easily make a small batch of cookies.
These eggless chocolate chip cookies are made without baking soda or baking powder. They require only a few basic ingredients easily available in the pantry.
You will need unsalted butter at room temperature, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and a little bit of salt.
Room temperature butter makes it easy to whip it with sugar. I have used brown sugar to make these cookies but you can replace half of it or entirely with regular cane sugar. The more the brown sugar content in the cookies, the softer the cookies are.
I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use dark or milk ones. There is no need to use any baking soda or baking powder to make these delicious soft chocolate chip cookies.
Making chocolate chip cookies at home is very easy. The first step involves making the cookie dough and then baking them in the air fryer or in the oven.
A stand mixer comes in very handy to whip the butter and brown sugar, you can also use a hand blender, hand mixer, or just a whisk. With the help of a wire attachment, whip the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl for about 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. You can start from low speed and gradually increase to high.
Since this recipe does not use any baking soda or baking powder, whisking the butter and sugar well creates air in the dough and allows the cookies to expand while being baked.
Now add the vanilla extract, salt, and all-purpose flour and mix it into a dough using a flat beater. Finally, add the chocolate chips. Knead the cookie dough only until the dough is well combined.
Whip the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and make the cookie dough.
Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about half an hour before cooking it in the air fryer. Divide the cookie dough into balls of about 35 grams each. Roll each portion into a dough ball and then flatten it a little between your palms.
Place the cookie dough balls in the air fryer basket on parchment paper. Start the air fryer for 8 minutes at 330°F. Once done open the basket and check the cookies, they should be slightly golden brown from the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool down and firm up and then transfer them onto a cooling rack to let them cool down completely.
Place cookie dough balls in air fryer.
cook the cookies in air fryer at 330°F.
This chocolate chip cookie recipe uses very few basic ingredients so there are only a few substitutions you can do.
- Brown sugar - instead of brown sugar, you can use cane sugar and that will make the cookies a bit more crispy. However, they will expand much more than the brown sugar ones. You can also use half brown sugar and half regular cane sugar.
- All-purpose flour - you can use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour to make gluten-free cookies.
- Butter - use vegan butter to make the cookies vegan.
These air fryer chocolate chip cookies are eggless. They can be adapted to make gluten-free and vegan.
Vegan - substitute the butter with a vegan variety if you want to make the vegan version of this recipe
Gluten-free - you can use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour to make these cookies gluten-free. Check out this almond flour cookies recipe, you can air fry them at 330°F.
A stand mixer comes in very handy to make the cookie dough. First, the wire attachment is used to whip the butter and sugar. And then the flat-beater attachment is used to mix the ingredients into a soft dough.
Cookies are baked in the oven but sometimes the oven is busy or you need to make only a small batch of cookies. In such a case an air fryer comes in very handy.
Using an air fryer to make chocolate chip cookies has the benefit that it takes less time to cook a batch of cookies in the air fryer than in the oven. You don't need to wait to preheat the oven. You can just make a small batch of cookies in the air fryer when you are craving one.
I have used the Instant Vortex Plus air fryer to make these cookies. However, any air fryer will work fine, a basket style or the tray style.
If you are planning to make a larger batch, you can directly bake them in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies can be stored in an air tight container for about 2 weeks. But they are so delicious and tempting that they wont really last that long 🙂
- Whisk the butter and sugar well until light and fluffy. This will allow the cookies to expand well.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer, this makes it easy to place the cookie dough balls in the air fryer.
- To make soft cookies, I have used brown sugar, if you like them crispy then replace it with cane sugar.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup Butter (unsalted, at room temperature)
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp All-purpose flour (150 grams)
- ¾ cup Semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Whip the butter and sugar in a stand mixer using the wire attachment until light and fluffy. (This can take 5 minutes).
- Add salt, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour, and mix well with the flat beater attachment.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix into a soft dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Air fry chocolate chip cookies
- Make balls of about 35 grams each, flatten them by pressing slightly and place them on parchment paper in the air fryer.
- Space them out at least an inch apart.
- Air fry for about 8 minutes at 330°F until the edges start turning golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down a little and then transfer them onto the cooling rack.
- To make it vegan, you can use vegan butter.
- To make it gluten-free, replace the all-purpose flour with 1 ¼ cup (140 grams) almond flour.
- For consistent results, weigh the flour instead of measuring by a cup (click on "metric" units under the ingredient list)
Leave a Reply