Almond flour peanut butter cookies are a great gluten-free treat and snack. This is an easy 4 ingredients recipe with no eggs, no baking powder, and no baking soda.
They are flavorful, delicious, and can easily be made vegan. You will love these soft almond flour peanut butter cookies. They have a crumbly texture and will melt in your mouth.
These egg-free almond flour peanut butter cookies are made without baking soda or baking powder. They require only 4 basic pantry ingredients.
You will need unsalted butter at room temperature, blanched almond flour, brown sugar, and natural peanut butter.
Room-temperature butter makes it easy to whip it with sugar. I have used brown sugar to make these cookies but you can replace half of it or entirely with regular cane sugar. The more brown sugar content in the cookies, the softer the cookies are.
I like to use natural creamy peanut butter which has salt in it so there is no need to add more salt. It gives the perfect sweet and slightly salty flavor.
Making gluten-free peanut butter cookies at home is very easy. The first step involves making the cookie dough, chilling it in the fridge, and then baking them in the oven.
A stand mixer comes in very handy to whip the butter and brown sugar. You can also mix the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl using a hand blender, hand-electric mixer, or just a whisk.
Ingredients for peanut butter cookies.
Whisk the brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Add almond flour.
With the help of the wire attachment, whip the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in the mixing bowl for about 2-3 minutes or until it is light and fluffy. You can start from a low speed and gradually increase to a high speed.
Since this recipe does not use any baking soda or baking powder, whisking the butter and sugar well creates air in the dough and allows the cookies to expand while being baked.
Now add the blanched almond flour and mix it into a dough using a flat beater. Knead the cookie dough only until the dough is well combined.
Make peanut butter cookies.
Baked peanut butter cookies.
Chill the almond flour peanut butter cookie dough in the refrigerator for about half an hour before baking it in the oven. Divide the cookie dough into balls of about 35 grams or about 2 tablespoons each.
Roll each portion into a dough ball and then flatten it a little between your palms. Make a crisscross pattern on the top of each cookie with the tines of a fork.
Place the cookie dough balls in the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake the peanut butter cookies for 10 minutes at a temperature of 350°F. Once done open the basket and check the cookies, they should be slightly golden brown from the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool down completely and then store them in an airtight container.
This glute-free peanut butter cookie recipe uses very few basic ingredients so there are only a few substitutions you can do.
- Brown sugar - instead of brown sugar, you can use cane sugar and which will make the cookies crispy. However, they will expand much more than the brown sugar ones. You can also use half brown sugar and half regular cane sugar.
- Butter - use vegan butter to make the cookies vegan.
- Vanilla extract - you can add some vanilla extract, about ¼ teaspoon to the recipe.
A stand mixer comes in very handy to make cookie dough. First, the wire attachment is used to whip the butter, peanut butter, and sugar. And then the flat-beater attachment is used to mix all the ingredients into a soft dough. Cookies are baked on a baking sheet in the convection oven.
These homemade gluten-free peanut butter cookies can be stored in an airtight container for about 2 weeks. But they are so delicious and tempting that they won't really last that long 🙂
- Whisk the butter and sugar well until light and fluffy. This will allow the cookies to expand well.
- To make soft cookies, I have used brown sugar, if you like them crispy then replace them with cane sugar.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup Butter (unsalted, at room temperature)
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Almond flour (112 grams)
- Whip the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a stand mixer using the wire attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy. (This can take 2-3 minutes).
- Add the almond flour and mix well with the flat beater attachment. (do not over mix, only mix until well combined)
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make balls of about 35 grams each, flatten them by pressing slightly and make a cross-hatch pattern with a fork.
- Place it in the baking tray.
- Space them out at least an inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes at 350°F until the edges start turning golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely.
- To make it vegan, you can use vegan butter.
- For consistent results, weigh the flour instead of measuring by a cup (click on "metric" units under the ingredient list)
- Instead of brown sugar, you can use cane sugar and that will make the cookies a bit crispy. However, they will expand much more than the brown sugar ones. You can also use half brown sugar and half regular cane sugar.
- You can add some vanilla extract, about ¼ teaspoon to the recipe.
- To bake them in the air fryer, air fry them in the preheated air fryer at 330°F for 6 minutes.
Leave a Reply