Cake pops are a great treat which instantly brings a smile on a kid's face. And not just kids but adults can also indulge into these bite sized cake balls.
These eggless cake pops are not only delicious but extremely easy to make at home using a cake pop maker. You can also decorate them with your favorite frosting and sprinkles per your liking.
Cake Pop Ingredients
This is an eggless chocolate cake pop recipe and uses the same ingredients of an eggless chocolate cake. Below is a full list of ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Olive oil
- Vanilla extract
How to make chocolate cake pops?
Making chocolate pops may sound like a daunting task but they are fairly easy to make at home using a cake pop maker.
The first step is to make a cake batter and then bake it in the cake pop machine. I have used the Babycakes mini cake pop maker to make these cake pops.
After removing the cake pops carefully, dip them in melting chocolate and then finally decorate with some sprinkles or icing.
How to make cake pop batter?
Making cake pop batter is similar to making any cake batter. For best results sift all the dry ingredients.
How to make cake pops with cake pop maker?
Prep the cake pop maker as per the directions. I usually apply oil to the molds with a basting brush and then preheat until it is ready. This takes about 2-3 minutes.
The most tricky task is to pour the batter in the cake pop molds. It may require a few trials but it can become really easy once you get a hang of it.
You can pour the batter (about 1 tablespoon) into the molds using a spoon or a cake piping bag or just directly from the mixing bowl. Be careful not to fill it till the rim else it can overflow while baking.
How long to bake cake pops in cake pop maker?
These chocolate cake pops are ready in a matter of minutes in the cake pop maker. After pouring the cake batter into the molds, let the cake pops bake for 5 minutes.
Do not open the lid too soon, as the cake pop will not bake properly and will break easily.
How to remove cake pops?
Once you open the lid, allow the cake pops to cool down for a couple of minutes. Ensure the power cord is unplugged while they are cooling.
Now with the help of the fork provided with the cake pop maker, carefully remove the cake pops. If needed gently slide the fork to release the cake pop from the sides of the mold.
Remove each cake pop and place it in a tray and allow it to cool down further. Once it is completely cooled down, insert the sticks (from the softer or top side of the cake pop) until halfway in the cake pop and decorate them as you like!
How to decorate cake pops?
I like to decorate cake pops by frosting them with melting chocolate and then adding some sprinkles.
How to put frosting on cake pops?
In a microwave safe bowl, pour the melting chocolate chips. I personally like to use Ghirardelli's dark melting chocolate wafers. Using the defrost setting, melt the chocolate wafers for about 30-45 seconds. Mix with a whisk to a smooth runny chocolate.
Dip the cake pops in the melting chocolate and cover it evenly. A cake pop may slide from the stick if a lot of chocolate is put on top of it. As a beginner it might be helpful to just apply the melted chocolate into a thin layer with the help of a spoon.
Place the cake pop on the stand to allow the chocolate to dry. To decorate, apply some icing or some sprinkles of your choice after 2-3 minutes. Allow the chocolate to dry out completely.
Should you refrigerate cake pops?
Cake pops store well at room temperature so ideally it is not required to refrigerate them.
How early can you make cake pops before an event?
It is best to make cake pops a day before the event. However it can stay fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature.
Don't forget to check out these delicious chocolate recipes
- Chocolate covered orange peels
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Vegan chocolate cake
- Chocolate ice cream
- Graham cracker chocolate ice cream
- Almond flour chocolate chip cookies
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Eggless Cake Pops In Cake Pop Maker
Make cake pop batter
- Sift the all-purpose flour and cacao powder
- Place the wet and dry ingredients in a container and blend well using a hand blender until a smooth batter is formed.
How to make cake pops in cake pop maker
- Apply some oil in the cake pop maker and preheat as per instructions.
- Pour a tablespoon of batter in each mold.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid of cake pop maker and ensure that the cake pops are well cooked.
- Unplug the cord and allow it to cool down for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly remove each cake pop from the mold using the fork provided by the cake pop maker.
- Insert the cake pop stick till half way (insert from the soft or top side of the cake pop to hold it well).
- In a microwave safe bowl, take the melting chocolate and melt in the microwave on defrost setting for 30-45 seconds.
- With the help of a whisk mix the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip the cake pop in melted chocolate and apply a thin coat on each cake pop with help of a spoon.
- Allow the chocolate to dry for 2-3 minutes and then apply some rainbow sprinkles.
- Allow the cake pops to dry completely before serving.