Chocolate ice cream needs no introduction! The chocolate flavor is one of the classic ice cream flavors and a favorite among all age groups. And surprisingly, making it at home is easy with only four ingredients and minimal effort.
This is an easy recipe to make a decadent no-egg chocolate ice cream without condensed milk in the Cuisinart ice cream machine with a creamy texture.
Chocolate ice cream is a dessert that is enjoyed all year round. It is perfect to serve at kids' birthday parties, enjoy it on Valentine's day, or make it for the holidays. You will absolutely love this creamy and delicious ice cream.
This is an eggless, no-cook homemade chocolate ice cream recipe without condensed milk in an ice cream maker. The main ingredients are heavy cream, whole milk, cacao powder (you can use cocoa powder), sugar, and a pinch of salt.
Heavy cream and whole milk make the ice cream creamy in texture. If you use a low-fat milk then the ice cream will be runny and will also take longer to churn.
One of the great advantages of homemade ice cream is to have control over the ingredients and use healthier options such as organic milk and organic cane sugar.
Making chocolate ice cream is an easy two-step process. The first step is to prepare the mixture and chill it in the refrigerator and then the second step is to churn it in the ice cream maker.
It is important to blend milk and sugar well to get a smooth and creamy texture of ice cream else it can turn out to be a hard icy block after freezing.
The ice cream mixture is now ready. For best results and reduce overall churn time, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about two hours.
Before pouring the mixture into the ice cream maker, give it a final mix to ensure even consistency. Churn the mixture for about 35-40 minutes until the ice cream is of soft-serve consistency.
Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it for about 6 hours.
I have used the Cuisinart ICE 100 compressor ice cream maker. However, any other ice cream maker can work fine. If you have a larger capacity ice cream maker using a freezer bowl or the salt and ice type, you can scale the recipe to adapt to your ice cream maker.
I love the compressor ice cream maker because there is no need to freeze the bowl and I can make batch after batch of ice creams in one day.
If you want to know more about what ice cream machine is suitable for your family's needs then check out my blog on which ice cream maker to buy. Also check out this collection of ice cream maker recipes.
Enjoy the delicious homemade chocolate ice cream scoop in your favorite sugar cones, waffle cones, or mini cones. You can top it with some chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or grated chocolate.
You can store the ice cream in the freezer for up to a month. This ice cream is so delicious that it will be gone before you know 🙂.
- If you are using a compressor machine, precooling the ice cream bowl for 5-10 minutes helps reduce the overall churning time.
- If you make batch after batch of ice creams in a compressor ice cream maker, after rinsing the bowl with water, pat dry it well. This prevents ice from forming on the outside of the bowl while churning which can make it difficult to remove from the machine.
Don't forget to check out my orange peel chocolate recipe and more:
- Oreo cheesecake ice cream
- Mango cheesecake ice cream
- Graham cracker ice cream
- Sizzling brownie with ice cream
- Kesar pista kulfi
- Dried fig kulfi
- Strawberry ice cream
- Strawberry sorbet
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
No Cook Chocolate Ice Cream (Eggless)
- In Vitamix or any blender of your choice, add sugar, milk, a pinch of salt and cacao (or cocoa) powder and blend on medium speed until all sugar dissolves
- In a bowl, add the above mixture and gently mix the heavy cream.
- Chill the mixture for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour the mixture in the ice cream maker container and churn for about 35-40 minutes
- Ice cream is now ready with soft serve consistency. Transfer to an air tight container and freeze for about 6 hours before serving