Some like it hot, some like it cold, but a sizzling brownie with ice cream is a dessert that is both hot and cold! Sizzling brownie dessert is served with an ice cream scoop topped with chocolate sauce on a hot cast iron sizzler plate.
This can be a perfect dessert that can be made for your loved ones on special days like birthdays, Valentine's day, or anniversaries.
Sizzling brownie ingredients
Sizzling brownie with ice cream is really about assembling all the ingredients - brownie, ice cream, nuts, and chocolate sauce. If you have all these items then you can easily make the sizzling brownie in a matter of few minutes
However, I have used Ghirardelli's chocolate brownie mix to make the brownies, melting chocolate and milk to make the chocolate sauce. I have also made the no egg, no-cook vanilla ice cream with 4 ingredients - heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
How to make box brownies without eggs?
The brownie boxes may already have directions on how to make brownies but they usually make use of eggs. However, in order to make brownies without eggs, it can be substituted with ¼ cup of ripe mashed bananas for every egg and a teaspoon of baking powder. I have always had great results with this workaround.
Here is a great post for all the substitutes to make egg-free brownies. I have also tried using ground flaxseed mixed with water but I did not like the end result.
How to make homemade vanilla ice cream without eggs?
In order to make no-cook, no egg vanilla ice cream, blend milk, sugar, and salt using a hand blender or Vitamix, or any other blender. You want to ensure that all the sugar has dissolved.
Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix it gently with a spatula. Do not blend after adding the cream as you want to make it airy while churning. Now chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about two hours before churning.
Churn the mixture in the ice cream maker for about 25 minutes. Freeze the vanilla ice cream for about 6 hours before eating.
Sizzling brownie chocolate sauce recipe
I have used Ghirardelli dark-melting chocolate wafers to make the chocolate sauce. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix it well until it is smooth. Add some warm milk and mix it well using a whisk. A smooth chocolate sauce is ready now.
How do you heat a sizzler plate?
A cast-iron sizzler plate can be heated on the stove for about 10 minutes on medium flame. It can also be heated in the oven at 450 °F for about 10 minutes. If your sizzler plate has a handle like mine, the handles will be very hot too, so ensure you wear oven mittens or use other protection.
It is important that the sizzler plates are well heated. This will ensure a good sizzling effect when the chocolate sauce is poured.
How do you make sizzling plate sizzle?
Now the last part is to make the sizzling plate sizzle before you are ready to eat the dessert. As the sizzler plate is hot, once you pour chocolate sauce on it, it will sizzle. You will see bubbles of chocolate sauce.
On the hot sizzler plate, carefully place a piece of brownie at the center. Spread some chopped walnuts and cashew nuts around the brownie. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the brownie.
Continue pouring the chocolate sauce, with a spoon, a few times until you see the sizzling effect is no longer there. Now you can enjoy the hot sizzling brownie dessert!
How do you eat a sizzling brownie?
Using a spoon, scoop some brownie, ice cream, and chocolate sauce with nuts from the sizzler plate and enjoy the bite with some caution 🙂. Sizzling brownie with ice cream is both, hot and cold. So you need to be careful when you eat it in order to avoid burning your tongue.
Hot brownie with ice cream is one of the most tempting desserts. It is hot, cold, and crunchy and has the taste of both the flavors - chocolate and vanilla!
For my kids, I serve the sizzling brownie without a sizzler plate as it is too hot and can be risky. Instead, I use a dessert plate.
To make a brownie with ice cream without a sizzler plate, place a warm brownie on the dessert plate with a scoop of ice cream over it. Top it up with some chocolate sauce and optionally garnish it with some nuts.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
- 15+ Ice cream maker recipes
- Banana split sundae
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vegan chocolate cake
- Mango cheesecake ice cream
- Cake pops
- Gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate covered orange peels
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Sizzling Brownie With Ice Cream
- 1 Brownie mix (Ghirardelli or any other)
- ½ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Banana (pureed)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
For chocolate sauce
- ½ cup Melting Chocolate
- 3 tablespoon Whole Milk
Homemade vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Organic cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
Making eggless brownie from mix
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Blend oil, water, and banana puree using a hand blender until fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add brownie mix and baking powder to the above mixture.
- Mix everything well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Grease an 8x8 inch tray and evenly spread the brownie mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie to cool down completely before cutting into pieces
Make eggless no cook vanilla ice cream (or use store-bought)
- Using a blender on medium speed, mix sugar, milk, and salt until all sugar dissolves.
- Mix in heavy cream and vanilla extract (Do not whisk, just gently mix with a spoon)
- Chill the mixture for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Churn the mixture in ice cream maker for about 25 minutes.
- Freeze the ice cream for about 6 hours.
Make chocolate sauce
- Melt the melting chocolate chips in a microwave for 30 seconds on defrost setting
- Mix well, add milk and mix again with a whisk, reheat in the microwave again if needed.
Making sizzling brownie
- Heat cast iron sizzler dessert plates on stove for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Place the hot sizzler plate on a wooden base.
- Place a piece of brownie at the center
- Optionally add some chopped walnuts and cashew nuts on the sides of the the sizzler plate.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the brownie.
- Pour a few tablespoons of chocolate sauce, it will sizzle.
- Enjoy the sizzling brownie!
- You can make this dessert with store bought brownie and/or ice cream
- While serving kids, you can skip the sizzler plates and serve warm brownies with a scoop of ice cream topped with chocolate sauce.
Leave a Reply