"Tutti Frutti" is a soft fruit candy made from raw papaya or watermelon greens and it used to be my childhood favorite. As a kid, I always enjoyed it in ice creams, cookies, cakes, or just by itself 🙂 I make this eggless tutti frutti cake often for my kids and they love it.
As much as they enjoy eating it, I enjoy making this in my bread machine because it is so simple and quick.
It is just a five-minute effort to just put all the ingredients in the bread machine container and start the preferred cake cycle. And wow...., a delicious and mouth-watering cake is ready once the cycle is complete.
I am sharing the below recipe based on my learning from
The "cake" cycle worked well but it needed extra baking. But the quick bread cycle didn't and was truly a one-touch process.
So now I make a cake on the "
How to make Tutti Frutti cake?
As always, sift the flour while making
While the machine is mixing the ingredients, ensure that all the flour from sides of the container gets mixed as well.
Once the cycle is complete, do the butter knife test to ensure that the cake is baked
Last but very important step is to let the cake cool in the container for at least 15-20 minutes before taking it out. Slice it with an electric knife or a serrated knife.
Other cake recipes you might enjoy
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake in Bread Machine
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Milk microwave 30 seconds
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 360 gms All purpose flour 3 cups sifted
- 4 tablespoon Organic cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Tutti Frutti candied fruit
Making tutti frutti cake in bread machine
- Add the ingredients (milk, oil, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, vinegar, condensed milk, and flour) to the bread machine container in the order recommended by the bread machine manufacturer.
- Do not add tutti frutti yet. Select the “Quick Bread” cycle and start. Optionally you can select the "Cake" cycle depending on your bread machine.
- While the bread machine is mixing, push any flour on the sides of the container into the mixture using a spatula to ensure a good mix.
- Once the ingredients are mixed well, after about 5-7 minutes, add the tutti frutti manually or as per bread machine manufacturer instructions.
- Once the cycle is done, insert a butter knife in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. If it does not come out clean start the “Baking” cycle for a few minutes and check again by inserting a butter knife.
- After the cake is baked, let it cool down in the container for 15 – 20 minutes. Once cooled, take the cake out by inverting the container.
Making tutti frutti cake in oven
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with the baking rack at middle level.
- In a mixing bowl, add the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Blend everything well with a hand blender using whisk attachment until the mixture is smooth and does not have any lumps. (use low to medium speed)
- Add in the tutti frutti and mix it with a spatula.
- Grease an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with butter and dust it with some flour. (or use a parchment paper)
- Bake the tutti frutti cake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until it starts leaving the sides.
- Insert a toothpick or a butter knife at the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done, else bake the cake for a few more minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool down completely.
- Invert the cake pan to remove the cake. Slice it and enjoy.
- It is a good practice to weigh the flour instead of using measuring cups. It helps avoid adding extra flour.
- While the bread machine is mixing, use a spatula to push any flour on the sides of the container to ensure a good mix.
- If the cake is not done after the cycle is complete, bake the cake for few more minutes on "Bake" cycle or follow manufacturer instructions.
- To ensure the cake does not break, let it cool down for sometime in the container itself.
recipe calls for 1 cup of milk, but ing. list says add water.... and there isn't any water listed in the list of ing,. so is it o cup of milk or 1 cup of water? JUST CONFUSED...
Thankyou for highlighting, it should be 1 cup milk. I will rectify the instructions shortly
Snigdha A says
Doesn't the Batter get overmixed? How long is the kneading in your bread machine?
Alpa Jain says
In my machine, the batter mixes for the first 10 minutes in quick bread cycle. It doesn’t over mix.