Vanilla cake is a treat for any occasion. It is very easy to make eggless vanilla cake in a bread machine. All you need to do is measure and add the ingredients correctly and select the cycle.
Ingredients to make eggless vanilla cake
Eggless vanilla cake requires few basic pantry ingredients. This cake is made with condensed milk. Here is a complete list of ingredients
What makes eggless cake spongy?
How to make vanilla cake in bread machine?
For a soft, light and moist cake, all the dry ingredients must be well sifted. Weighing the flour is preferred as there is a chance of adding more flour when using a measuring cup.
I prefer to use oil while making cake since butter solidifies as the cake cools down and makes the cake dense. However, oil can be substituted with butter.
Add the dry and wet ingredients to the bread machine container in the order as per manufacturer’s instructions. Some machines require wet ingredients first and some dry.
Bread Machine cycle to make cake
Depending on the bread machine, the “Cake” cycle or “Quick Bread” cycle can be used to make the cake. In some cases the duration of "Cake" cycle may not be enough and extra baking may be required.
How to test if the cake is done?
The best way to ensure that the cake is done is to insert a butter knife or a toothpick at the center of the cake, once the cycle is complete. If it does not come out clean then it needs to be baked for a few more minutes on the "Bake" cycle. Retry inserting the butter knife after
How to remove the cake from bread machine container?
Once the cake cycle or quick bread cycle is done, it is best to let the cake cool down in the container for at least 15-20 minutes.
Removing it sooner can break the cake. Once the cake has cooled down, invert the container to remove the cake.
How do you make cake slices?
Slice the cake with a serrated or an electric knife. Vanilla cake can be enjoyed with or without icing.
Don't forget to check out these bread machine recipes
- Eggless Carrot Cake
- Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
- Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Jam
- Sweet and Spicy Peach Jam
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Eggless Vanilla Cake | Bread Machine
- Select the “Cake” cycle and start.
- While the bread machine is mixing, push any flour on the sides of the container into the mixture using a spatula to ensure a good mix.
- Once the "Cake" cycle is done, insert a butter knife in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. If it does not come out clean start the “Baking” cycle for a few minutes and check again by inserting a butter knife.
- After the cake is baked, let it cool down in the container for 15 – 20 minutes. Invert the container to remove the cake
- While the bread machine is mixing, use a spatula to push any flour on the sides of the container to ensure a good mix.
- If the cake is not done after the "Cake" cycle, bake the cake for few more minutes on "Bake" cycle or follow manufacturer instructions.
- Let the cake cool down for a few minutes in the container before removing it else, it can break.
Don't forget to check out my recipe to make another delicious eggless tutti frutti cake in bread machine.