Soup is comfort food in the cold weather or if you are under the weather. It can be served as a vegetarian starter or be a full meal in itself. This instant pot orzo soup is loaded with vegetables. It makes a hearty meal in a matter of minutes.
Ingredients for making pasta soup
This orzo pasta soup is loaded with veggies so you need a lot of veggies, you can use ones you have at hand but not limited to celery, carrots, spinach, corn kernels, onions, and green onions.
Also, you can use pasta of your choice instead of orzo. Tomato basil sauce can be substituted by tomato sauce or diced tomatoes.
Since this is a vegan soup, I am using vegetable stock. Add some salt and pepper to your taste.
You will also need some olive oil, bay leaf, and garlic for sauteing.
How to make vegetable soup with pasta in instant pot?
Vegetable pasta soup is one of the easiest recipes to make in the instant pot. First, turn the instant pot on saute mode on the normal setting.
Once hot, add some olive oil followed by bay leaf and garlic. Add the onions and continue to saute for about 30 seconds.
Come out of the saute mode by pressing the cancel button. Close and lock the lid with valve in sealing position and "keep warm" setting on.
Start the high pressure or manual mode for 0, yes zero, minutes. Once done, let the pressure lease naturally for 6 minutes and then release the remaining pressure.
Stir in the spinach and onion greens. Adjust salt, pepper, and herbs to taste.
Serving and storing suggestions
Vegetable pasta soup is best when served hot and enjoy this comforting hearty soup for lunch or dinner.
You can refrigerate any leftovers for 2-3 days.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
- 15 bean soup
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Tomato soup
- Kung Pao Chickpeas
- Black Eyed Peas Salad
- Vegetable Casserole
- Veggie Paneer Wraps
- Paneer Tikka
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Instant Pot Orzo Soup (Vegan)
- ¾ cup Onion (chopped)
- ¾ cup Carrot (diced)
- ¾ cup Corn kernels
- 1 cup Spinach or Baby spinach
- ¾ cup Celery (2 stalks)
- ¼ cup Green onions
- Turn the instant pot on saute mode on medium setting
- Once hot, add olive oil followed by bay leaf
- Add minced garlic and onions and saute for about 30 seconds
- Add all the other veggies except spinach and onion greens.
- Add all the spices and salt
- Mix well and turn off saute mode and close the lid.
- Turn the instant pot on high pressure mode for 0 (zero) minutes with valve in sealing position. Keep the "Keep warm" setting on
- Let the pressure release naturally for 6 minutes, then release the remaining pressure
- Add in the spinach and onion greens and give it a stir.
You may also like these 20+ Indian instant pot kid-friendly vegetarian recipes.