I have made this kaju draksh ice cream without eggs in the Cuisinart ice cream maker and it can be adapted for other ice cream machines too.
Cashew raisin ice cream requires very few ingredients. You will need evaporated milk, heavy cream, sugar, raisins, and raw chopped cashews. This recipe does not use condensed milk or milk powder. You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
Making kaju draksh ice cream at home is very easy. It takes a few minutes and a few ingredients to make a delicious and creamy ice cream for your friends and family with the least effort.
Now stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla extract and mix it with a spoon or a spatula. There is no need to whisk the ice cream mixture after adding the heavy cream as it will be churned in the ice cream machine.
Refrigerate the ice cream base for about two hours and once it has been chilled, churn it in the ice cream machine. I have made this kaju kishmish ice cream in the 1.5 quart Cuisinart ICE 100 compressor ice cream maker and there is no need to freeze the bowl.
Depending on the type of ice cream maker you may have to freeze the bowl for about 24 hours before churning.
Pour the ice cream mix into the ice cream maker and churn the ice cream for about 25 minutes. After about 20 minutes, you can mix in the chopped raw cashews and raisins and then continue to churn for another 5 minutes.
The kaju draksh ice cream will be of soft-serve consistency. Transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for 5-6 hours before serving.
You can substitute California raisins with golden raisins.
I have used the Cuisinart ICE 100 compressor ice cream maker. It has a capacity of 1.5 quarts and makes 1 quart of ice cream. However, any other ice cream maker will work fine.
If you have a larger capacity ice cream maker using a freezer bowl or the salt and ice type, you can scale the recipe to adapt to your ice cream maker.
I love the compressor ice cream maker because there is no need to freeze the bowl and I can make batch after batch of ice creams in one day.
If you are looking to buy an ice cream maker for your family then check out this post on which ice cream maker to buy.
Homemade kaju draksh ice cream can last in the freezer for about a month in an airtight container. This ice cream turns out so creamy and delicious that it will be gone even before you realize 🙂
If you are using a compressor machine, precooling the ice cream bowl for 5-10 minutes helps reduce the overall churning time. This also helps avoid any buttery film in the mouth as an aftertaste.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with kaju draksh ice cream.
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Kaju Draksh Ice Cream
- Mix the sugar, pinch of salt, and evaporated milk with the whisk attachment of a hand blender (on low speed) until the sugar dissolves.12 oz Evaporated milk, salt, ½ cup Organic cane sugar
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix it. Do not whisk at this stage.¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract, ¾ cup Heavy cream
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the ingredients well before churning.
- Pour the ingredients into the ice cream machine bowl.
- Start the ice cream machine for 25-30 mins, preferably using the gelato paddle.
- Add in the broken cashews and raisins at about 20 mins or as per manufacturer instructions for add-ins.½ cup Cashews, ½ cup Raisins
- Ice cream is ready and is of soft-serve consistency.
- Freeze the ice cream in a container for 6-8 hrs.
- This recipe makes 1 quart ice cream.
- If you are using a compressor ice cream maker, it is best to chill the bowl in the machine for 5-10 minutes before pouring and churning the ice cream mixture. This reduces the overall churn time and avoids a creamy film in the mouth which can happen due to over-churning.
- Golden raisins are preferred but you can use dark ones as well.