Cheesy garlic pull-apart bread rolls is a great side dish for kids or even potlucks. Everyone loves these warm tender cheesy flavorful garlic bread rolls. I had made these bread machine garlic bread rolls for a get together with several of my friends family and everyone including kids loved it and craved for more!
How to make bread machine garlic rolls?
A bread machine simplifies the job to a great extent as it takes care of mixing, kneading and getting the dough through its first rise once the ingredients are put in the right order. Read more about how to make a perfect dough using a bread machine.
Once the dough is made, divide it into smaller balls of about an inch in diameter and place it in a baking tray allowing some space between them to rise.
Coat the balls with butter and garlic and spread some cheese of your choice and allow it to rise for the final time for about 90 minutes.
Once the balls get the final rise, bake them in a preheated oven at 350 deg F for about 20 mins. They can be served as is or with some marinara sauce.
Don't forget to check out these appetizers
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Rolls
- Convection Oven
For the dough
For the toppings
- 4 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozerella, pepper jack or your choice)
- 1 tsp rosemary
Making dough in bread machine
- Based on the type of the bread Machine, add the ingredients (water, salt, sugar, oil, bread flour, yeast) in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the "Dough" cycle.
- While the dough is getting ready, mix the butter, garlic and rosemary in a bowl.
- Once the "Dough" cycle is complete, the dough will be through its first rise.
- Take the dough out from the bread machine.
Shaping the dough
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 30 seconds.
- Divide the dough into small pieces and make small balls about an inch in size and place in a baking tray. Space them about 1 cm apart as they will rise.
- Apply the butter garlic and rosemary mix on the balls with the help of a basting brush ensuring the balls are coated well with butter and garlic.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the balls and between the gaps.
- Cover the baking tray with another tray for about 90 mins. Optionally you can keep the tray in the oven and turn the oven on "Warm" mode only for 5 minutes and then let them rise for 90 minutes in the oven.
Baking in oven
- Once the balls have risen, take the tray out from the oven and preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Bake the rolls for about 20 mins at 350° F.
- The cheesy garlic pull apart rolls are ready once the melted cheese and the rolls turn golden brown in color.
- To ensure the dough is made well, please refer to my blog on how to make the perfect dough for bread in a bread machine.
- Learn more about which yeast to use in a bread machine.
- It is best to weigh the flour using a food scale for best and consistent results.
- Dough can also be kneaded in a stand mixer and then proved in the instant pot or oven for about 1 hour before shaping into rolls.
- Check out this post for detailed instructions on how to knead dough in stand mixer and proof it in the instant pot.
- Follow the remaining steps starting from "shaping the dough"