Pizza is a common fast food item consisting of a dough base and topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and a variety of ingredients.
To make a pizza you need a pizza base and a bread machine is a big help in making the perfect dough for the pizza base.
Making pizzas at home gives control over the quality and source of ingredients, choice of sauce, toppings, cheese types, and also adjust the amounts based on your liking.
How to make pizza dough in bread machine?
To make a bread machine pizza, making pizza dough is the first step which is accomplished by adding all the ingredients (all-purpose flour, water, olive oil, salt, and instant yeast) to the bread machine container and selecting the "Dough" cycle.
The bread machine will take care of
Read my blog which describes in detail how to make pizza dough in a bread machine. The dough can then be rolled into a pizza base.
How to bake a pizza?
I prefer using the cast iron skillet to make pan pizzas as the sides get evenly baked and also get crispy. I preheat the cast iron skillet for about 10 minutes at 475 deg F.
Pizzas are baked at a 425-475 deg F. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, the rack level you place on, and the number of toppings you put on the pizza.
When you see that the cheese has melted and become golden brown, that is when the pizza is done. Bread machine pizza is easy to make and enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
If you enjoyed this recipe you will also like the below kid friendly recipes
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
The Best Pizza Dough in Bread Machine
Pizza base ingredients
- Close the lid and start the "Dough" cycle.
- Once "Dough" cycle is complete, remove the dough from container and knead on lightly floured surface for few seconds
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll one part on floured surface to form 10 inch pizza base.
- Place the pizza base on a heated pan or skillet and apply some olive oil.
- Apply pizza sauce, your favorite toppings, and cheese
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 475 deg F for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese becomes golden brown in color.