Paneer pizza is a perfect Indian fusion appetizer and a great afterschool snack for kids. It can be served at parties, potlucks, or movie nights. It is a perfect appetizer or snack to please a crowd.
It is very easy to make this paneer tikka pizza recipe with your favorite vegetable toppings. The veggies and paneer are marinated in Indian spices including tandoori masala.
Paneer pizza is an Indian fusion pizza that has a normal pizza base and toppings with Indian spices. To make homemade pizza from scratch, you will need all-purpose flour or bread flour, instant yeast, warm water, oil, sugar, and salt.
The pizza sauce can be store-bought or homemade. You can use marinara sauce or pizza sauce. Veggies of your choice can be used for topping. Paneer can be cut into small cubes of about 1 centimeter in size for making paneer pizza.
Indian spices like red chili powder, tandoori masala, turmeric powder, and coriander powder are used for the marinade along with some olive oil.
To make paneer pizza from scratch, first, you will have to make the dough to make the pizza base. I have used the KitchenAid stand mixer to knead the dough but you can make pizza dough in a bread maker too.
Put all the wet and dry ingredients in the stand mixer bowl with instant yeast added at the last. Knead it for about 12 minutes on speed 2 until the dough attaches to the dough hook.
Remove the dough from the hook and shape it into a ball and place it in the bowl and cover it with a lid. Let the dough go through the first rise in a warm place. It can take about 1-1.5 hours for the dough to rise to double volume. Pizza dough can also be proofed in the instant pot in the yogurt mode.
While the dough is proofing, prepare the marinade. In a small mixing bowl, add the oil, spices, vegetables, and paneer cubes. Toss and mix them well so that the vegetables and paneer cubes are well coated. Cover the bowl and let it marinate until the dough is ready to make pizza.
Punch down the dough and place it on a lightly floured surface and knead it for a few seconds. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 pieces. This recipe makes 3 medium size pizzas or 2 large pizzas.
Roll the dough into a rectangular or circular shape of about 5-millimeter thickness and place it on a baking sheet. Press the dough base with your fingers to make it even. Brush some olive oil and let it rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 425°F.
Mix some tandoori masala with the pizza sauce and apply it to the pizza base and spread it evenly. After that apply the marinated paneer and veggies on top of the sauce. Finally, sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
Bake the paneer pizza in the oven at 425°F for about 15-18 minutes until the cheese melts and becomes golden brown in color. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing it with a pizza cutter.
This is an easy paneer pizza recipe from scratch. You can also make a few substitutions as per your liking.
- Paneer tikka sauce - instead of pizza sauce or marinara sauce, you can use paneer tikka sauce instead.
- Cheese - you can use mozzarella cheese or a blend of cheeses.
- Active dry yeast - instead of instant yeast, active dry yeast can be used. Mix it in water and sugar and let it rest for 10 minutes before kneading the dough with it.
Paneer pizza is a great fusion Indian appetizer. You can adapt it to your liking by making a few variations
- Spicy - sprinkle chili pepper flakes while serving or add more chili powder to the marinade.
- Toppings - along with paneer, you can add any toppings of your choice like pineapples, spinach, bell peppers, onions, and more.
- Naan pizza - instead of making the pizza base from scratch, you can also make naan pizza using store-bought naan or homemade naan.
I have used the KitchenAid stand mixer to make the pizza dough. You can use a bread machine as well.
A rolling pin and a cheese board are helpful to roll the pizza dough. You can also roll it on the kitchen counter.
The pizza is baked in a baking tray in the convection oven. A pizza cutter is all you need to cut the pizza into slices of desired sizes.
Leftover paneer pizza can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil. When you want to eat it, you can reheat it in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350°F for 1-2 minutes.
You can store the pizza dough in the refrigerator and then roll it and make a pizza when you plan to eat.
- When the cheese has melted and you see some brown spots on the pizza, it is a good sign that the pizza is done.
- For consistent results to make a soft and smooth dough, it is best to weigh the flour instead of measuring it by cups.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like these recipes.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with paneer pizza
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
- Convection Oven
Pizza base ingredients
- 420 grams All purpose flour (3 ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Water (microwave 30 seconds)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Organic cane sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoon Instant yeast (7 grams)
For pizza sauce
- 1 cup Pizza sauce (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori masala
- 1 cup Paneer (cubed)
- ½ cup Bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ cup Onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (more if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori masala
- 2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
Make pizza dough
- In the stand mixer bowl add water, oil, salt, sugar, all-purpose flour, and yeast.420 grams All purpose flour, 1 tablespoon Olive oil, 1 cup + 2 tbsp Water, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 tablespoon Organic cane sugar, 2 ¼ teaspoon Instant yeast
- Knead the dough with the dough hook attachment on setting 2 for about 12 minutes.
- Once the dough attaches to the dough hook, the dough is well kneaded.
- Remove the dough from the hook and make a ball.
- Apply some oil to the bottom of the bowl and place the dough ball inside the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours.
Make the topping marinade
- In a small bowl, add oil and all the spices and mix well.1 tablespoon Olive oil, ¼ teaspoon Salt, ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder, ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon Coriander powder, 1 teaspoon Tandoori masala
- Add the veggies and paneer cubes and toss them to coat them evenly with the spices.1 cup Paneer, ½ cup Onion, ½ cup Bell pepper
Season pizza sauce
- Mix the tandoori masala in pizza sauce.1 cup Pizza sauce, 1 teaspoon Tandoori masala
- Punch and take the dough out from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for a few seconds.
- Divide the dough into 2-3 equal parts and roll one part on a floured surface to form 5 millimeter thick pizza base.
- Place the pizza base on a baking tray and apply some olive oil with a basting brush.
- Apply pizza sauce, paneer toppings, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 425°F for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese melts and becomes golden brown in color.
- If you are using a pizza stone or cast iron skillet to bake a pizza, preheating them is required as it ensures the base is well-cooked and crispy. Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes.
Leave a Reply