Air fryer roasted red skin potatoes with herbs is a great side dish for any occasion. They are easy to make in under 30 minutes. It takes lesser time to roast them in the air fryer compared to the oven.
They are vegan and gluten-free. they can be made spicy to your taste. You can prep them ahead of time and bake them in the air fryer when you are ready to eat.
To make these flavorful roasted red potatoes in the air fryer, you will need only three ingredients - red-skin baby potatoes, olive oil, and a potato seasoning mix.
I love using the Concord Roasted Potato Original Seasoning Mix to make these roasted herb potatoes. Cajun seasoning works well too or you can use garlic powder, Italian herbs, and salt to make them from scratch.
Red skin potatoes are easy to make in the air fryer. First rinse and pat dry the baby potatoes into halves or quarters for larger red skin potatoes. Optionally soak them in water for 10 minutes so that they turn out more crispy.
In a mixing bowl, add the seasoning mix, olive oil, and mix the cut potatoes. For best results leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes for marination before roasting it in the air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer to 390°F for 2-3 minutes. Once the air fryer is preheated, transfer the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket. Air fry the baby potatoes for 12-15 minutes at 390°F.
Check after 7-8 minutes and shake the basket. This allows the potatoes to cook evenly.
Cook for the remaining time and then check that the potatoes are well done and fork-tender by inserting a fork or a toothpick. It took me a total of 12 minutes for the potatoes to be well-roasted. They will be crispy on the outside and soft inside.
Transfer the roasted potatoes into a serving bowl immediately to avoid overcooking. If you like, you can sprinkle some black pepper while serving.
These roasted red-skin potatoes are vegan and gluten-free. You can also substitute some ingredients
Potatoes - instead of red baby potatoes, you can use regular red-skin potatoes and cut them into quarters. Other kinds of potatoes like Yukon gold or russet potatoes can be used as well. They might take a few more minutes to cook depending on the size you cut them into.
Seasoning - if you don't have the seasoning mix then you can use some garlic powder, sea salt, and Italian herbs. See notes in the recipe card for more details.
These air fryer red potatoes are simply delicious, full of flavor, and go well as a side dish with your meals. They go well as an accompaniment with Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner with other vegetarian dishes like a vegetable casserole, broccoli pasta casserole, or pasta casserole.
I have made these red skin potatoes in the Philips Air Fryer. They can be made in any type of air fryer, be it basket style or tray style, or any size.
Depending on your air fryer and the number of baby potatoes you want to roast, you may have to air fry them in multiple batches.
These roasted baby potatoes are absolutely delicious and best when served hot out of the air fryer. However, sometimes you may have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Refrigerated roasted baby potatoes can be reheated in the air fryer at 350°F for 1-2 minutes.
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Air Fryer Red Skin Potatoes
- Wash and cut baby potatoes into halves.
- Optionally soak them in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Discard the water used for soaking.
- In a big bowl add seasoning mix, oil, and potatoes and mix well.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for marination.
- Optionally add rosemary leaves/twigs for flavor.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the marinated potatoes to the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry them for 12 minutes.
- After 7-8 minutes open and shake the air fryer basket.
- Continue cooking for the remaining time.
- Check with a fork if they are done. The fork should slide in easily.
- If not done then air fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- No additional salt is required to be added if you are using the seasoning mix. However, if you want to add more salt add it once it is cooked else it can add more moisture to the potatoes.
- If you do not have the potato seasoning mix then you can use below ingredients and adapt them to your taste.
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- ¾ teaspoon Salt