Roasted baby potatoes with spices and herbs is a great side dish for any occasion. My hubby loves making it as it is very easy to make in the air fryer. It is his signature item, be it a barbeque, get together, or a cool rainy day, it is a great starter dish and friends love it.
Ingredients to make roasted baby potatoes
You will need only three ingredients - baby potatoes, olive oil and seasoning mix. I love using the Concord Roasted Potato Original Seasoning Mix to make the roasted herb potatoes. I have used the red skin baby potatoes but you can use any.
Preparing the potatoes and seasoning mix
The process is fairly simple. Just wash the baby potatoes thoroughly (as we are not going to peel the skin), cut it into halves and let it stand in a colander to allow the excess water to drip off.
Mix the seasoning in some olive oil and mix the potato halves. For best results leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes for marination before roasting/baking in Air Fryer.
How to make roasted baby potatoes in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 390 °F. Air fry the baby potatoes for 10-15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to monitor and give it a little shake.
Cook for additional few minutes as needed and check that the potatoes are well done by inserting a fork. It took a total of 12 minutes for the potatoes to be well roasted.
Transfer to a serving bowl immediately to avoid overcooking of the baby potatoes.
Don't forget to checkout these awesome recipes
- Grilled paneer tikka
- Roasted sweet potatoes in air fryer
- Roasted eggplant mash in air fryer and oven
- Dal bafla (dal bati) in air fryer and oven
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Air Fryer Red Skin Potatoes
- Wash and cut baby potatoes into halves and let it stand in a colander for few minutes to let the surface water drip/dry.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil in a big bowl (for 1 lb of potatoes) and 2 tbsp seasoning mix and mix it well.
- Put the baby potatoes into the bowl mix it with the olive oil and seasoning mix evenly. Allow 15-20 minutes for marination. Add rosemary leaves/twigs for some nice aroma (optional).
- Preheat air fryer at 390 °F for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and cook for few additional minutes as needed. It takes a total of 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish
- No additional salt is required to be added. However, if you want to add more salt add it once it is cooked else it can add more moisture to the potatoes.