Strawberry cheesecake ice cream is one of our family favorites and I end up making it often on special days. This homemade ice cream is a perfect dessert to serve a crowd during parties, potlucks, or to please your loved one on a special day like a birthday, anniversary, or Valentine's Day.
It is very easy to make this no cook, no egg strawberry cheesecake ice cream at home in the ice cream maker with just a few ingredients. Surprise your loved ones with the delicious creamy scoop of this irresistible ice cream and you are sure to receive a lot of compliments!
What is strawberry cheesecake ice cream made of?
Homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream is made with cream cheese base, strawberry puree, and graham cracker crumble. Although it may sound daunting, making ice cream at home is very easy once you have all the ingredients.
The ice cream base is made with cream cheese, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and salt. The cream cheese is the main ingredient that gives the cheesecake ice cream its slightly tangy flavor.
Frozen or fresh strawberries can be used to make strawberry puree. If you are using the frozen strawberries, as I did, defrost them and squeeze out any excess water from them before blending. This will help avoid it from becoming icy after freezing.
Graham crackers are the heart of cheesecake ice cream which gives it the crunch when you indulge in a bite of this heavenly delicious ice cream. They are used to make graham cracker crumbles.
What is graham cracker crumble made of?
Graham cracker crumble are the crunchy bits you bite in the cheesecake ice creams. A cheesecake ice cream would be incomplete without it. It is made from coarsely crushed graham crackers which are mixed with some melted butter and sugar.
Is strawberry cheesecake ice cream gluten-free?
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream is not gluten-free as it uses graham crackers which have gluten. But you can easily make it gluten-free either by substituting them with a gluten-free graham crackers variety or omitting the crackers altogether.
How do you make strawberry cheesecake ice cream?
Homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream is easy to make in just 3 simple steps. The first step is to make the strawberry puree, the second step is to make the graham cracker crumble, and the final step is to churn the cream cheese base.
I have used frozen strawberries to make the strawberry puree but you can use fresh ones too. After defrosting and squeezing out excess water from the strawberries, blend it into a smooth puree with sugar or a sweetener.
This strawberry cheesecake ice cream is made with an ice cream maker. I have used the Cuisinart compressor ice cream maker to churn the ice cream. Depending on your ice cream maker, you may have to freeze the ice cream maker bowl for 24 hours.
If you are planning on buying an ice cream maker, you can check out this post on which ice cream maker to buy and a collection of ice cream maker recipes.
The cream cheese base is made by blending the cream cheese until it is smooth. You can do this with a hand blender or a stand mixer. It is important that the cream cheese is at room temperature else it will be difficult to blend it.
You want to ensure that there are no lumps from the cream cheese else you might end up with those chunks in the ice cream. Add sugar, whole milk, and salt, and continue blending until everything is evenly mixed.
Add the heavy cream and mix it gently with a spatula. At this point, there is no need to blend as the ice cream mixture will be churned in the ice cream maker. Preferably refrigerate the mixture for about 1-2 hours before churning.
Before churning, for the final time, give the mixture a good mix and then pour it into the ice cream maker bowl. Churn strawberry cheesecake ice cream for about 30 minutes until it is of soft-serve consistency.
In a freezer-safe container, layer about ⅓ graham cracker crumbles at the bottom. Pour and spread half the ice cream over it followed by half of the strawberry puree. Spread the puree evenly with a butter knife.
Repeat these 3 layers i.e., spread ⅓ graham cracker crumbles over the puree followed by the remainder of ice cream and puree, spreading each layer evenly with a butter knife.
Spread the remainder of the graham cracker crumbles at the top, cover the container and freeze the ice cream for about 5-6 hours before serving.
What does strawberry cheesecake ice cream taste like?
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream is creamy, delicious, and sweet in taste with a slight tanginess that balances the overall flavor of the ice cream. It has a creamy texture with crumbs of graham crackers and the sweetness of strawberries which makes every bite absolutely satisfying!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
To make ice cream
- 8 oz (1 cup) Cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 pinch Salt
For Strawberry swirl
- 12 oz Strawberry (frozen, thawed)
- ¼ cup Organic cane sugar
Other Add ins
- 4 Graham Crackers
- 2 tablespoon Butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon Organic cane sugar
Make Strawberry puree
- Blend the strawberries and sugar in a blender to make a puree.
- Refrigerate the puree until ice cream is churned.
Make graham cracker crumble topping
- Crush the graham crackers coarsely with hand or using a blender like Vitamix
- Transfer into a bowl.
- Add melted butter and sugar and mix well.
Making strawberry cheesecake ice cream
- Using a hand blender or in a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese until it is smooth and fluffy. This can take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, and salt. Continue blending until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix well using a spoon or spatula (do not use the blender)
- Chill the mixture for about 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Transfer the mixture into the ice cream maker container and churn it for about 30 minutes.
- In a freezer-safe box, put ⅓rd graham cracker crumble topping at the bottom.
- Layer half of the ice cream and half the amount of strawberry puree.
- Swirl the strawberry puree with a spoon or spatula. Top ⅓ graham cracker crumble.
- Make one more layer by placing the remaining half ice cream followed by the remaining half strawberry puree.
- Swirl the strawberry puree with a spatula.
- Finally, add the remaining ⅓rd graham cracker crumble and freeze the ice cream for about 6 hours before serving.
- You can first blend cream cheese, then add milk, sugar, salt and blend it.
- Add heavy cream and blend it. Freeze the cream cheese ice cream for 4-6 hours.
- Blend the ice cream one again and then layer with strawberry puree and graham cracker crumble and freeze it.
Delicious ice cream, creamy and refreshing and happy that it has NO EGGS. In the future, the only thing I would change would be not to puree the strawberry but to use the food processor so as to have a chunky mixture. High recommend this recipe!
Alpa Jain says
I am glad you liked the recipe. Sure, you can use strawberry chunks but they become hard after freezing so I prefer to puree them.
Appreciate your feedback 🙂
Jacqueline Atkinson says
Tried coffee ice cream recipe today. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Been busy adding various flavours of your ice cream to my Pinterest board and going to work through them all this week. Love the no egg no faff. Please could you do a simple recipe for pistachio ice cream, hard to get here in the UK. Thanks again for your recipes, my Cuisinart is being used at last x
Alpa Jain says
I am so glad to know you are loving my ice cream recipes 🙂 Thankyou for the feedback. I am going to give the pistachio ice cream a try one of these days and will let you know.