Air fryer roasted brussels sprouts, just like other roasted veggies, make a great side dish for your meals. They are vegan, gluten-free, and can be made with just about 10 minutes of prep work!
Brussel sprouts are high in nutrients, vitamins, and rich in antioxidants and fiber. You can read more about its health benefits on healthline. They are indeed worth adding to your meals if you already don't.
- How to cut brussels sprouts for roasting?
- How to roast brussel sprouts in air fryer?
- How long to roast brussel sprouts in air fryer?
- How to cook frozen brussel sprouts in air fryer?
- What's good to put on brussel sprouts?
- Can you store roasted brussel sprouts?
- How do you reheat brussel sprouts in an air fryer?
- 📖 Recipe
This roasted brussels sprouts recipe requires only a few basic pantry ingredients apart from of course, brussels sprouts. You can use fresh or frozen sprouts and in fact, if you get fresh ones in bulk, you can freeze them.
To season the sprouts, some olive oil, garlic powder, salt, rosemary, and pepper are all you need. You can also use some fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder, or both.
For serving, add a few drops of lime juice, or serve with some grated cheese. They taste great even just like that out of the air fryer!
How to cut brussels sprouts for roasting?
There is a little prep work involved before you roast the brussels sprouts. First cut the heads of the sprouts with a knife and then halve the sprouts from the center along the edge of the stem. If the sprouts are big in size, you can cut them into quarters.
How to roast brussel sprouts in air fryer?
After cutting the brussel sprouts, rinse them throughly well. Soak them for about 5 minutes in water, this ensures they are crispy from the outside and tender to bite from the inside. If you are using frozen sprouts then you can skip this step.
In a mixing bowl, mix some oil and seasoning and then add the brussel sprouts. Coat them well with the oil before transferring it into the air fryer basket.
Preheat the air fryer to 390 °F. I have made these in the Instant Vortex air fryer. Cook the brussel sprouts for 10 minutes in the air fryer. Shake the basket after about 5 minutes to ensure they are cooked evenly.
How long to roast brussel sprouts in air fryer?
Brussel sprouts are very easy and quick to cook in the air fryer. They will be perfectly roasted and crispy from the outside and fork tender from the inside in just 10 minutes.
How to cook frozen brussel sprouts in air fryer?
You can roast frozen brussel sprouts equally with ease. There is no need to cut them into halves, you can directly coat them with the oil and seasoning and air fry them at 390 °F in the similar way as fresh brussel sprouts.
The frozen brussel sprouts have more moisture, so they will take a little longer to cook. Allow the frozen brussel sprouts to cook for about 13-14 minutes in the air fryer.
What's good to put on brussel sprouts?
Brussel sprouts are best served immediately after roasting. They can be garnished with some grated cheese, pepper, lime juice, or herbs. If you like spicy food, you can also sprinkle some chili flakes. They also taste great with some roasted pine nuts.
Can you store roasted brussel sprouts?
It is best to eat roasted brussel sprouts fresh after they are roasted. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container in the fridge. Allow the brussel sprouts to cool down completely and then store them in the fridge else they can become a little soggy.
How do you reheat brussel sprouts in an air fryer?
Refrigerated brussel sprouts can be reheated in the air fryer to regain their crispiness. Place the sprouts in the air fryer basket and heat them at 350 °F for about 5 minutes. They will regain its texture and will be good to serve.
However, they may not retain its flavor while it was cooked but they are still good to enjoy :). You can top it with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, or cheese.
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts In Air Fryer
- Lime juice
- Rinse the brussel sprouts and then remove the heads.
- Cut the brussel sprouts into halves or quarters if they are large.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 °F
- In a mixing bowl, mix the brussel sprouts with oil, garlic powder, rosemary and salt.
- Place the brussel sprouts in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Shake the basket after 5 minutes. Continue air frying.
- Add black pepper and shake the basket.
- Serve with a dash of lime juice (optional).
- If you use frozen brussel sprouts, there is no need to cut them.
- Frozen brussel sprouts will take 3-4 minutes longer to cook.
- If you do not have garlic powder, you can use garlic cloves.