Gluten-free, vegan and peppered with aromatic spices, these air fryer Indian cauliflower bites will surely tantalize your taste buds! It is an easy Indian cauliflower recipe which make a perfect accompaniment for your bbq parties along with paneer tikka. It can be served as a side dish or an appetizer.
- Ingredients for Indian cauliflower bites
- How to marinate cauliflower for air fryer?
- What temperature to cook cauliflower bites?
- How to cook cauliflower in air fryer?
- How long to cook tandoori gobi in air fryer?
- Can you make this recipe in the oven?
- What to serve with Indian cauliflower bites?
- Can you store cauliflower bites?
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
Ingredients for Indian cauliflower bites
Tandoori gobi or Indian cauliflower bites require whole spices and some powder spices that are easily available in the pantry. This recipe is versatile and if you do not have one of the spices, you can omit it or just substitute it with some others at hand.
The main ingredient is cauliflower cut into bite-size florets. You can cut them yourself or use the precut ones available from the grocery stores.
Ginger, garlic, and some serrano pepper add flavor and can be adjusted based on liking. I like to use little mustard oil for marinating, however, regular oil will work fine as well.
It is advisable to blanch the cauliflower florets in boiling water mixed with pinch of salt, for about a minute. This is to clean it thoroughly and rid of tiny hidden worms, if any.
How to marinate cauliflower for air fryer?
In a large bowl, mix oil, whole spices, powder spices, salt, ginger, garlic, and serrano pepper. Add the blanched cauliflower florets and mix well ensuring all the florets are well coated.
If you have time you can allow the florets to marinate for about 30 minutes but it is not really necessary. You can now cook them in the air fryer.
What temperature to cook cauliflower bites?
Tandoori cauliflower can be cooked in the air fryer at 390 °F. Preheat the air fryer for couple of minutes before cooking.
If you are making a larger batch then you can also cook them in the oven at 400 °F. It will take a little longer to cook the florets in the oven compared to the air fryer.
How to cook cauliflower in air fryer?
Take a large enough aluminum foil and put the marinade in it and wrap it. Place it in the preheated air fryer for about 15 minutes.
Open the wrap gently in the air fryer and give the florets a little mix to ensure they get cooked evenly. Wrap the foil again and continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes.
Wrapping the florets in the foil avoids any dripping from the marinade into the air fryer. It also helps retain the flavor, moisture and gives a perfect crunch to the florets.
How long to cook tandoori gobi in air fryer?
For making a perfect crunchy tandoori gobi, you must cook the florets for about 30 minutes. Again, this may change depending on your air fryer and the quantity of cauliflower you are air frying.
Can you make this recipe in the oven?
Yes! In fact, if you have to cook a larger batch of cauliflower bites, it is best to cook it in the oven at 400 °F. However, oven will take longer, not just to preheat but even to cook it.
It can take up to 45 minutes or more to cook in the oven depending on the quantity. However, it will be much faster than cooking multiple batches in the air fryer.
What to serve with Indian cauliflower bites?
If you are looking for Indian cauliflower recipes then these cauliflower bites will surely please a crowd. They are absolutely delicious and you really don't need to serve it with anything.
They are crunchy and flavorful with all the Indian spices. But if you like, you can serve it with some spicy green chutney. These are perfect as a side dish or an appetizer, especially with vegetarian bbq.
You can also enjoy them with Indian bread like roti, puri, naan. You can also make some kid-friendly wraps by filling them in a tortilla or lettuce with some chopped onions and a dash of ketchup.
Can you store cauliflower bites?
Cauliflower bites taste great when served hot! However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. Simply reheat them in a microwave when you are ready to eat!
If you are planning a party and want to make these then you can marinate them ahead of time. Air fry them or cook them in the oven just before you are ready to serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites (Indian)
- 1 lb Cauliflower (florets)
- 6 cup Water
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 inch Ginger (sliced)
- 1 inch Serrano pepper (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 2 Cardamom (preferably large ones)
- 5 Peppercorn
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 pinch Garam masala powder
Blanch cauliflower florets
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the water and let it sit for about a minute.
- Drain and discard the water and transfer the florets to a strainer to remove any excess water.
Marinate cauliflower florets
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except cauliflower.
- Mix everything well with a spoon.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well to ensure they get coated with the spice mixture.
- Optionally, allow to marinate for 30 minutes
Cook cauliflower bites in air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes on 390 °F.
- In an aluminium foil add the marinated cauliflower and wrap it.
- Place the wrapped cauliflower in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Open the wrap and give the florets a mix with the help of a fork.
- Cover once again and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Finally check for doneness with the help of a fork. Florets should feel a little crunchy instead of mushy.
Absolutely fantastic. I love the complexities of the spices, and the peppery tang that ties it all together.
Alpa Jain says
Glad you liked it 🙂