Once you pressure cook corn on the cob in the instant pot you will never want to go back to other methods of steaming it or boiling it and monitoring it.
You are just going to love how tender and flavorful they turn out in the instant pot!
How to choose perfect sweet corn?
I always like to buy fresh corn from the grocery stores over the frozen ones. To select perfect corn there is no need to peel the husks of the corns.
The husk must be green (not yellow or dry) and when you press them you must feel the corn is plump and full and not having holes. The silk must be light golden color and not dark.
You can check out this post for more details on how to choose perfect corn on the cob from the grocery stores.
How long does it take to cook corn on cob in pressure cooker?
Trust me, once you pressure cook the corn on the cob in the instant pot, you will not want to go back to any other method. You just need to cook the corn on the cob for 3 minutes on high pressure mode.
The overall time taken is about 10-12 minutes as the instant pot will first come to pressure.
How to cook corn on the cob in instant pot?
To cook corn on the cob in the instant pot, first shunk the corn by removing the husk and the silk from the corn. You can also cut off the shanks so that they can fit perfectly in the instant pot.
In the instant pot liner, pour a cup of water. I have used 6 qt. instant pot. You will have to add more water in larger instant pots.
Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure mode for 3 minutes. Instant pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure before it starts to counter for 3 minutes.
Once done, release the pressure manually by moving the pressure valve to venting position until the silver pin drops. Open the lid and remove the corn cobs using a pair of kitchen tongs.
How do you know when corn on cob is cooked?
When you open the instant pot, you can test that the corn has been well cooked by pressing one of the kernels or piercing a knife. It should be soft.
Also the color of the corn will be brighter and shinier than when it was before cooking. Ideally you cannot go wrong with cooking the corn on the cob in the instant pot.
Corn on the cob seasoning ideas
There are a variety of options for seasoning the corn. I love the Indian style seasoning made with salt, red chili powder, and lime.
To make Indian style corn on the cob, mix some salt and chili powder in a small bowl. Cut a small wedge of lime and dip it in the mix. Coat the corn with the seasoning by rubbing the lime over it.
A mixture of butter and roasted garlic can also be applied. You can also sprinkle some cheese on top.
How long can you keep cooked corn on the cob in the refrigerator?
If you have any leftover cooked corn on the cob, it can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. It is best to wrap them in foil and then store them in an air-tight container.
When you are ready to eat, you can simply reheat it in the microwave and then apply your favorite seasoning.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like these recipes
- Instant pot whole sweet potatoes
- Instant pot cubed sweet potatoes
- Roasted broccoli in air fryer
- Roasted cauliflower in air fryer
- Roasted baby potatoes in air fryer
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Corn On The Cob In Instant Pot
- 1 cup Water (more for bigger instant pot)
- 4 count Corn
Topping for buttered corn
- Butter (salted, vegan butter for plant based)
- Black Pepper
- Remove the husk, silk, and the shanks of the corn ears.
- Pour 1 cup water into the instant pot liner.
- Place a trivet inside the instant pot liner.
- Place the corn on the cobs in multiple layers.
- Lock the lid with the pressure valve in sealing position.
- Cook on the high-pressure mode for 3 minutes.
- Perform a quick release by moving the knob to the venting position until the silver pin drops.
- Remove the corn with the help of kitchen tongs.
Apply Indian style seasoning
- To apply Indian-style seasoning, mix salt and red chili powder in a bowl.
- Dip a lime wedge in it and then rub it on the corn.