As the weather gets warm, it is time for some cold beverages. A strawberry milkshake without ice cream is my family's favorite especially to accompany our weekend brunch.
It can be served for breakfast, as after-school snacks for kids, or just any time of the day. It is a satisfying drink and very easy to make in a matter of minutes. Strawberry milkshake can be served with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or just as is.
A strawberry milkshake without ice cream requires only 3 ingredients - strawberries, milk, and sugar. Fresh or frozen strawberries can be used. Full fat milk, low-fat milk, or plant-based milk can be used as well.
A sweetener of choice like organic cane sugar, coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener, maple syrup, or blue agave can be used. To make it sugar-free, just add a banana and it will make the milkshake sweet.
It is really very easy to make a strawberry milkshake at home. The only time-consuming task is to cut off the green ends of the berries and rinse them with water.
Pour all the ingredients including, strawberries, milk, and sugar into a high-speed blender like Vitamix. Select the smoothie setting and blend it, once the cycle is complete, it will be a smooth and delicious milkshake.
If you do not have a "smoothie" preset in your blender, you can just start from a low speed and gradually increase it to get to high speed until it is of desired smooth consistency.
Once done, taste the milkshake and adjust the sweetness as per your liking.
This strawberry milkshake without ice cream is gluten-free and nut-free. It can easily be adapted to make it vegan. You can also substitute frozen strawberries for fresh ones and use a sweetener of choice.
- Vegan - just use your favorite plant-based milk like oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk to make a vegan strawberry milkshake.
- Frozen strawberries - personally, I like to make a strawberry milkshake with fresh strawberries, however, the frozen ones work equally well after defrosting them.
- Sweetener - you can use any sweetener of your choices like blue agave, maple syrup, or just a banana!
The best thing about making a fresh strawberry milkshake at home is that you can control the ingredients and also adapt the recipe to your liking.
- Strawberry milkshake with ice cream - add two scoops of strawberry or vanilla ice cream to make it a more creamy texture.
- Strawberry banana milkshake - add a banana to this recipe to make a healthy banana strawberry milkshake recipe. You may not even need to add a sweetener.
- Toppings - you can add some chia seeds, sprinkles, or chopped strawberry pieces on the top while serving! Another great option is to add a scoop of strawberry ice cream or just whipped cream to make it a pleasant treat or a dessert.
To make a smooth strawberry milkshake, you will need a high-speed blender. Personally, I use Vitamix, but there are other great options like Ninja blender, and Nutribullet to make smoothies.
Blenders with a smoothie setting work great, however, you can also increase the speed manually from low to high until you get the desired smooth consistency.
A strawberry milkshake is best when made and served fresh. It is very easy to make and takes only a few minutes. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
You may observe a separation of liquid if you store it. Before drinking, give it a good stir and you are good to go.
If you don't like the idea of storing the milkshake, you can just prep the strawberries ahead of time and whenever you are ready, add the remaining ingredients and blend it in the blender.
How long does a strawberry shake last?
A strawberry milkshake can last up to 24 hours in the fridge. Just give it a good stir before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Strawberry Milkshake Without Ice cream
- 1 lb Strawberry (fresh)
- 2 cup Milk (whole, chilled)
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- Rinse the strawberries and cut off the greens with a knife
- In the Vitamix or blender jar, put the strawberries, milk, and sugar.
- Blend on high speed (or smoothie setting) until well blended and the milkshake is smooth in texture.
- To make it vegan, use almond or oats milk.
- Instead of sugar, you can use bananas for sweetness.
Leave a Reply