Aam panna is a sweet and sour drink made with raw green mangoes. It is a very popular refreshing Indian drink, especially in the summer, and perfect to beat the heat. It is very easy to make and requires a few basic ingredients.
Green mango juice ingredients
Green mango juice requires very few ingredients. The main ingredient is green mangoes and while selecting you must ensure that they are hard on pressing. If they are soft then they will not be sour enough to give the perfect sweet and sour taste to this drink.
Some basic spices like roasted cumin seeds, black salt, salt, and some fennel seeds give it a refreshing taste. The sweetness comes by adding a sweetener. I like to make aam panna without sugar by adding blue agave sweetener as it has a low glycemic index.
How to pressure cook raw mangoes in instant pot?
Rinse, peel and cube the raw green mangoes using a knife and a vegetable peeler. Put them in the instant pot liner and add half a cup of water.
Lock the instant pot lid and cook on high pressure mode for 4 minutes followed by natural pressure release. Open the lid and check that they have cooked well.
How to make aam panna concentrate?
Pour the cooked green mangoes in a blender like Vitamix. Add the spices like roasted cumin seeds, fennel seeds, salt, and black salt. Blend it on high speed into a thick paste. Ideally you may not need to add any water while blending but if needed you can add a tablespoon or more.
Aam panna concentrate is ready. I prefer not to add sugar in the concentrate and use blue agave while making the drink. However, if you prefer, you can add the blue agave, or another sweetener of your choice while blending.
How to make aam panna?
In a tall glass, pour some ice, blue agave sweetener, and the aam panna concentrate. Mix well and enjoy the drink.
If you do not want to make the concentrate, you can directly make the drink by blending the pressure-cooked mangoes, spices, and water in Vitamix. It is a perfect cooler for the summer.
How to serve aam panna?
In a tall glass pour some ice and the mango cooler. You can also add some more roasted cumin seed powder and mint leaves for garnishing. Aam panna can be enjoyed any time of the day, especially during the hot summer days.
How to store aam panna concentrate and aam panna?
Aam panna concentrate can be stored in the fridge for about a month. You can also freeze it in silicone moulds for upto three months. When you are ready to use, just use as many cubes as needed.
This green mango drink can also be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days. Just pour it in a glass when you are ready to enjoy this drink.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Green Mango Drink - Aam Panna
- 350 grams Raw green mango (peeled, cubed)
- 6 cup Water (divided, more if needed)
- 6 tablespoon Blue Agave sweetener (or sugar, to taste)
- ½ tablespoon Fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin seed powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black salt
- 12 count Mint leaves
Pressure cook green mangoes in instant pot
- Pour ½ cup water and cubed green mangoes into the instant pot liner.
- Lock the lid with pressure knob in sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure mode for 4 minutes followed by natural pressure release.
Blend the ingredients
- Blend the cooked green mangoes with all the ingredients in Vitamix preferably on "smoothie" setting or for about 30 seconds on high speed.
- Add more water or ice if needed to adjust the consistency.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice. Add more sweetener or salt if needed.
- Garnish with some roasted cumin seed powder and mint leaves.
- You can also blend everything in the instant pot using an immersion hand blender.
- If you want to make the concentrate, do not add water while blending.
Leave a Reply