Cornbread is a delicious snack, a great side dish, and popularly served for Thanksgiving dinner. It is very easy to make cornbread at home, especially from a mix.
These Jiffy cornbread muffins are made in the air fryer with just 4 ingredients and with no eggs. I have used the vegetarian cornbread mix to make this recipe.
Instead of eggs, I have used yogurt and also used some oil for binding. Milk helps to make a smooth batter to make the muffins.
Making cornbread from jiffy corn mix in the air fryer is very easy. I have made it without eggs and have used yogurt. I have also used oil to help with binding. However, if you use eggs, you can follow the instructions on the box to make the batter.
To make an eggless cornbread, whisk oil and yogurt in a large mixing bowl until it is mixed well. Add the cornbread mix from the pack to this mixture. Add milk and mix well using a whisk or a spatula.
Fill the silicone muffin cups up to ¾th capacity with the batter and place them in the preheated air fryer at 330°F. Depending on the size of the air fryer, you might be able to air fry the muffins in one or two batches.
Air fry the cornbread muffins for 10 minutes at 330°F. Check after 10 minutes and the cornbread will start pulling from the edges and be slightly golden brown from the top. This is a sign of doneness. Allow them to cool down a little before serving else they can crumble easily.
To make eggless cornbread muffins, I have used plain yogurt and oil which helps in binding. A few substitutes can be used instead of yogurt. You may not want to skip the oil but use melted butter if you prefer.
- Flaxseed meal - you can mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and add to the mix.
- Apple sauce - a quarter cup of apple sauce can be used to replace one egg in the recipe.
- Banana puree - a quarter cup of pureed banana can be used to replace one egg in the recipe. However, this can make the muffins sweeter.
This cornbread muffin recipe is suitable for vegetarians and has no eggs. It can also be adapted to your taste.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or jalapenos while cooking to imbue heat into the cornbread muffins.
- Sweet - if you want them sweeter, add a tablespoon of sugar to the mix.
Depending on your air fryer, the cooking time may vary by a minute or two. Also, depending on the size of the air fryer, you may be able to cook a larger or smaller batch of cornbread muffins.
Leftover cornbread can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days in an airtight container or in a bread box. It can also be stored in the freezer in ziplock bags. Just ensure they have cooled down completely before freezing.
When you are ready to eat, simply defrost it in the microwave or in the air fryer.
Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes before transferring it to the muffin molds. This will ensure the batter is well mixed and has absorbed the liquids.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
- Garlic knots
- Naan pizza
- Air fryer brownies
- Air fryer cupcakes
- Frozen naan in air fryer
- Bread machine naan
- Air fryer naan
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Jiffy Cornbread In Air Fryer
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix (vegetarian)
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Blend oil and yogurt with a whisk until it is well-mixed.
- Add cornbread mix to the above mixture.
- Add milk and mix everything well. There may be a few lumps and that is fine.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330°F for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir once and pour the batter into the cupcake molds.
- Place the cupcake molds in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes at 330°F.
- Allow the cornbread muffins to cool down a little before serving.
- Air fry the remaining cornbread batter in a similar way.