Bread and jam have been a savior for me many a time while packing a snack for my kids. Mixed berry jam is their favorite, in fact, it is the only flavor they like.
Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in equal quantity have been my mantra but they can be adjusted/omitted based on one's liking and taste.
The whole fruits one tastes great however kids may not prefer chunks of fruit in their jam 🙂
How to make mixed berries jam in bread machine?
Most of the bread machines nowadays have a "Jam" cycle and you can make fresh jam at home in small batches which last a few weeks.
It is absolutely hands-off and allows to use organic fruits and control the sugar quantity. All it requires is to put the fruits, sugar, butter and pectin in the container and start the "Jam" cycle.
The machine does the rest of the job! I use Sure Jell Premium Fruit Pectin while making jam as it helps set the jam.
Adding a little butter helps in getting a nice shiny glaze and avoids formation of small bubbles in the jam.
How to store jam
A perfect fresh homemade jam is ready upon completion of the cycle. Pour the jam in a clean, sanitized jar and refrigerate it once it cools down. 16 oz Ball Mason Jars work well for storing jam.
It can be refrigerated for 3-4 few months but it will not last that long :-). Fresh jam is a compliment to freshly baked bread and you will simply love this yummy mixed berry jam.
Don't forget to check out these bread machine recipes
- Strawberry Jam
- Sweet and Spicy Peach Jam
- Roti (Indian flatbread)
- Puri (Indian puffy bread)
- Chocolate cake
- Mango Relish
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Mixed Berry Jam | Bread Machine
- Blend all the berries with a hand blender to desired consistency. You can also use whole fruit (preferred).
- After the "Jam" cycle is complete, remove the container and pour the jam in a clean, sanitized jar. (Caution: The container will be very hot)
- Once the jam completely cools down, refrigerate it overnight before using.
- Use clean sanitized jar for storing the jam.
- Refrigerate the jam in a jar once it cools down.