A pumpkin ice cream is a perfect dessert to say good bye to the hot summer days and welcome the cooler fall season.
A chilled frozen dessert with warmth of the spices and pumpkin flavor makes pumpkin spice ice cream a wonderful Halloween treat for the kids and a pleasant dessert for the Thanksgiving.
It is very easy to make pumpkin ice cream at home with this easy no-cook, no-egg recipe.
What is pumpkin ice cream made of?
This homemade pumpkin ice cream is made with just 7 ingredients. It is a no-cook, no-egg pumpkin ice cream recipe.
You can use homemade pumpkin puree or store bought one. Just be careful when you buy, you need the pumpkin or pumpkin puree and not the pumpkin pie filling.
Is pumpkin ice cream gluten-free?
Yes! pumpkin ice cream is gluten-free as all the ingredients used to make it are gluten-free.
How to make pumpkin ice cream?
It is very easy to make pumpkin ice cream at home with just 7 ingredients.
Depending on your ice cream maker you may first have to freeze the ice cream maker bowl if you use the one which comes with the freezer bowl.
I have made this pumpkin ice cream recipe in my Cuisinart compressor ice cream maker. If you are looking to buy an ice cream maker for your family then check out this post on which ice cream maker to buy and a collection of ice cream maker recipes.
Now mix the vanilla extract and pumpkin spice and blend for a few seconds. Mix in the heavy cream with a spatula and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before churning it in the ice cream maker.
Churn the pumpkin ice cream in the ice cream machine for about 30 minutes. It is best to chill the container on the cooling mode for 5 minutes before pouring the ice cream mixture. It helps reduce the overall churning time.
What to serve with pumpkin ice cream?
Pumpkin ice cream tastes great as is with the added warm flavors of pumpkin spice. You can also add toppings like caramel, nuts like pecans, hazelnuts, and walnuts, whipped cream, or some grated chocolate.
You can also get creative and use it as one of the ice cream flavors in banana split.
How to store homemade pumpkin ice cream?
Homemade pumpkin ice cream can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like
- Mango cheesecake ice cream
- Coffee ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Banana split
- Strawberry ice cream
- Oreo cheesecake ice cream
Don't forget to rate the recipe by clicking the stars. Also, pin the recipe by clicking the "Pin" button, for your future reference.
Pumpkin Ice Cream (No Eggs)
- In a mixing bowl, add milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk on low speed using the whisk attachment of a hand blender or stand mixer until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and continue blending on low speed until the puree gets mixed well.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Mix well with a spatula or a spoon (do not blend).
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours.
Churning pumpkin ice cream in ice cream maker
- Stir the chilled mixture before pouring it into the ice cream machine bowl.
- Start the ice cream machine and churn the mixture for about 25 minutes.
- Ice cream will be of soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze it for 5-6 hours before serving.